10 Questions You Should Ask Your Business Maintenance Team
If you own or manage a business, you know that it’s essential to keep it clean and well-maintained to present a good impression to clients and to keep your employees happy and healthy.
At Huber Building Maintenance, we think it’s important that, when looking for a business maintenance professional, you know the right questions to ask.
- How long have you been in this business? Has the company been around for decades? Even if the company is brand new, they may still have experienced employees that have been doing business maintenance for a long time.
- Can I see some references? One of the best ways to know whether a company is reputable is to see their references. They may be able to provide you with references — and Google reviews, or reviews on their website, are also a great place to look.
- What kind of training do you provide your employees? It’s important that you know that all the company’s employees have the same, industry-standard training and knowledge so that you get a great finished product every time.
- Are you insured or bonded? You’ve invested a lot of time and money into your business, so it’s a good idea to verify that your business maintenance professionals are insured and bonded so that any damage that may occur will not cost you any money.
- What products do you use? Does the company use environmentally-friendly products, or will your business and environment be exposed to harsh chemicals? Also be sure to ask how they dispose of their products.
- How quickly will you respond to complaints or concerns? Having a maintenance company that cares about their customers and will be quick to address your questions or concerns is essential for your business.
- Are you local? Not only is supporting local businesses important to your local economy, it’s also important to know that your business maintenance team are close by in case of last-minute maintenance requests or emergencies.
- Do you have the proper equipment for the job? Modern equipment — not just a mop and broom — is essential for keeping your business, and all of its various components, clean and well-maintained.
- What are your safety procedures? Do you have a health and safety plan? A reputable, responsible company will have safety procedures to ensure the health and safety of their employees and yours.
- What services do you offer? Will the company be able to help you with both inside and outside maintenance? Do they do full-service cleaning and maintenance including window cleaning and steam cleaning, right down to toilet cleaning? Ensuring that all of your needs are met with one company will save you time and money.
At Huber Building Maintenance, we’re proud to offer you convenient, tailored cleaning and maintenance plans for your business. Contact us with your questions or to get started creating your maintenance plan for your business!